As we become more conscious of our impact on the environment, many of us are searching for ways to make our homes and lifestyles more sustainable. This is particularly true in the holiday park industry, where people are looking for eco-friendly accommodation options that offer comfort and convenience without sacrificing environmental responsibility.
One area where holiday park operators can make a significant difference is in the choice of decking material for their park homes. By using recyclable plastic as decking material, holiday park homes can become more eco-friendly, reducing the environmental impact and carbon footprint of the holiday park industry.
Advantages of Recyclable Plastic as Decking Material:
Recyclable plastic decking has several advantages over traditional wood decking and composite decking. Here are some of the benefits of using recyclable plastic as a decking material:
- Environmental sustainability: Recyclable plastic decking can be made from plastic waste, which would otherwise end up in landfills or the ocean. Using this waste material reduces environmental impact and helps prevent plastic pollution.
- Durability: Recyclable plastic decking is incredibly durable, with a lifespan of up to 50 years. This means it requires less maintenance and replacement than traditional wood decking, reducing the overall environmental impact of the park home.
- Low maintenance: Plastic decking requires little maintenance and is considered by some as maintenance free decking, with no need for sanding, staining, or painting. This reduces the need for harsh chemicals and saves water, making it a more eco-friendly option.
- Safety: Plastic decking is slip-resistant and does not splinter, making it a safer option for children and pets.
How to Use Recyclable Plastic as Decking Material in Holiday Park Homes:
To use recyclable plastic decking in holiday park homes, park operators should follow these steps:
- Research suppliers: There are several suppliers of recyclable plastic decking, and it is essential to choose a reputable supplier that meets environmental standards and certifications. *Contact Mayfield Decking to discuss our options.
- Plan the installation: The installation of recyclable plastic decking is similar to traditional wood decking, but it is essential to factor in the added weight and structural requirements. Mayfield provides aluminium decking subframes for added stability and longevity.
- Dispose of waste properly: As with any construction project, it is essential to dispose of waste materials properly, recycling where possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is recyclable plastic decking more expensive than traditional wood decking?
A: Recyclable plastic decking can be more expensive than traditional wood decking, but the long-term durability and low maintenance costs can make it a more cost-effective option.
Q: Can plastic decking be recycled again?
A: Yes, plastic decking can be recycled again, making it a sustainable option for decking material.
Q: Is plastic decking as strong as traditional wood decking?
A: Yes, plastic decking is as strong as traditional wood decking and can withstand heavy foot traffic and outdoor conditions.